One reason that WordPress is such a great tool for blogging is due to its excellent commenting features. As a blog owner, you can choose whether you want to allow comments on your posts, whether you want to moderate the comments, or whether you want to let each of those comments automatically post without moderation.
WordPress allows you to specify a couple options for comment moderation out of the box:
- An administrator must always approve the comment
- Comment author must have a previously approved comment
- Hold comments for moderation if more that ## links appear in the comment
- A black list of terms that always send a comment to moderation
This plugin provides you with one more option: Always moderate comments for the following categories.
So, if you have a blog where you allow people to comment freely, but you always want to moderate comments for one specific category, follow the directions below to implement our solution:
- Download the plugin here until its listed in the WP repository
- Unzip the file
- Place the ‘ft-auto-moderate-comments-by-category.php’ file in plugins folder
- Activate FT Auto Moderate Comments By Category in the WordPress plugin admin page
- Go to Settings -> Discussion and look for the ‘Auto Unapprove Comments by Category’ setting.
- Place a comment separated list of categories you want always moderated as false in this field. ie: 1,3,4,6
- Save and test.
Please let us know if you have any questions or comments